The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Saturday, February 27, 2010

More snow....

Gilly has an icy earring this morning and Pokey had icicles hanging off his side, both are wet because they stand out in the snow, rain or anything else. Guess they are happy with that.

Gilly's mane had ice in it too, he was unconcerned and was busy eating his oats while I snapped pictures. Between yesterday and this morning we got about 7 more inches of snow. It has started melting the other day then more came along. It is now starting to melt somewhat also. Snow keeps sliding off the roof and hitting the concrete patio with a splot sound.

The boys waiting for their breakfast as I walked to the barn.

Gilly was on the lookout for me when I started down toward the barn. Pokey is in there somewhere. (click on pictures to make them larger)

As I walked around the granary Gonzo was standing there watching me. Petey and Lucy were else where running in the snow.

It's a good thing that I leave a shovel outside the barn door, for the last 3 days I have had to shovel snow to get the door open.

View of the hillside and the hay field. Can't really see where anything is with all the snow.

Our road, the township guys haven't been down this way in awhile; good thing we have 4-wheel drive vehicles!

My car covered with snow, I wasn't planning on going anywhere today anyway. We are working on the house today, downstairs bathroom. Seems like it's never going to be finished, hoping for this summer, slow work!

Don't forget to sign up for the "hooked rug giveaway", click here, to be given away on March 1st! Have your name to me by 10:00 a.m. EST on Monday. I will post shortly there after. Good luck to everyone!!!

Jane

11 comments:

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Isn't it unbelievable how much snow we've had??!! But it looks so beautiful around your property that it doesn't seem so bad, does it?

dexmangoldens said...

Wow, you got dumped on!! Like the earring and mane drops!!
Go look at my blog! I got my quilt today!
Can't wait til Monday!!

Pony Girl said...

I always get sad when the snow begins to get mushy and melt and slide off of things. That means it is warming up, it's going to melt away.....I only want to see MORE flakes falling, LOL! ;) I know, I'm pretty pitiful.

small farm girl said...

As much as I am ready for winter, it's still pretty.

jane augenstein said...

Alice, yes, it is beautiful but I am tired of it and want to get out and do something with the horse. I have a Subaru Outback so I don't have any trouble driving in it.

Julie, yes, Gilly was all decked out in ice! Monday is almost here!!!!

Pony Girl, I don't like the dirty, sloppy snow either...but...I am looking forward to spring. I'll send you some of this if you want!

small farm girl, thanks!

Leah Fry said...

Please keep all that to yourself. Yesterday was so gorgeous, clear and sunny. Today is starting off the same, though it may cloud over. With temps close to 60F, I may have to push this aching body to ride 2 days in a row. Rain tomorrow.

jane augenstein said...

Leah, you lucky woman! I wish I could ride but don't want to in the snow, that is now melting, and slippery, icy stuff. I haven't ridden in 3 months so I will be really sore when I finally get to!

Grey Horse Matters said...

Like his icicle earrings. The pictures are beautiful, but truthfully I've had just about enough of this white stuff. I think it actually snowed almost everyday last week. Here's hoping Spring comes soon.

gtyyup said...

I feel for you with all that snow! I hope we're past that, but the first year we lived here we got a huge snow storm in March...

jane augenstein said...

Grey Horse Matters,yes, it's beautiful but I am tired of shoveling and shoveling of the white stuff! I hope March goes out like a lamb....NO MORE SNOW, PLEASE!

gtyyup, years ago we had a really heavy snow in April! I worked in a hair salon back then and went to work in sandals and the temp was in the 60's. By noon it was in the 30's and snowing so much it was almost blizzard like. I lived half an hour from work so I headed home. Took me and hour and a half to get home. Car slid off the road, thank goodness for some teen-aged boys that pushed me little car back on the road!! It wasn't fun getting out in the snow almost barefooted! LOL That's teach me to always have boots in the car, no matter what!!!

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I just love the way your farm looks underneath the snow. It's just so beautiful, but like you I'm over this winter weather and want spring and summer to be here now.

It snowed yesterday and last night and left several inches, but it's that wet spring type snow and it's already melting...and turning everything into sloppy mud. bleh!


~Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails