The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Thursday, December 29, 2011

War Horse


On Christmas Day Mike and I went to see the movie War Horse. I had been waiting and waiting until this came out to see it. I was wonderful, yes, some sad parts in it but still I loved it. Did I cry? Yes, some I held it together pretty well.

Baby Joey

Albert making friends with young Joey

Joey excepts the work collar, love this picture reminds me of Gilly.

Joey and Albert racing a car.

Joey is sold by Albert's father and starts his journey as a war horse.

Joey in the trenches

I loved the movie and plan on seeing it again with my horsey girlfriends. Mike liked it too but for the war part, I am the horse nut so I loved it! The sweeping scenery of the English countryside is beautiful. I would highly recommend seeing this movie. When it comes out in DVD I will have it, I have already bookmarked it in Amazon to be notified when it is available for purchase. Yea! 

Finder's Key is the horse that portraits Joey in the movie, really smart well trained horse. I found two articles about him here and here.
Here is a really good review written by Nancy Rojo of Horses are my Passion . 

Have a Happy New Year! If the weather is not too cold here I plan on riding from 2011 to 2012 to bring in the new year! If I do I will have pictures, Mike said he will take pictures for me! Yea!
Jane


7 comments:

Katharine Swan said...

Jane, I saw the movie on Christmas Day too! Haven't had a chance to post about it on my horse blog yet, but I loved it. I read the book a couple of weeks ago, and sobbed my way through it. Spielberg toned a lot of the sadder scenes (like when Topthorn dies) down, probably to make it more family friendly. Knowing what to expect in the movie, I didn't cry as much, though I did cry when his first rider died in that first charge, and again when he and Albert were reunited. Hubby isn't horse-crazy like me, but I still heard him sniffling when they were reunited. ;o)

I loved the way some of the country scenes were filmed on a set, and with lighting like in the old movies! That was another thing my husband really liked -- the artsy directing and the nod to old films.

Fantastyk Voyager said...

I wanted to see War Horse on Christmas Day but we ended up seeing The Adventures of TinTin. It was excellent. I will go see War Horse soon though. I read the book and loved it, although I know I will cry.

Rising Rainbow said...

Thanks for the additional information about the horses. I had heard bits and pieces but knowing more makes it all more interesting.

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

I have heard mostly positive reviews on this movie, though I recently read some negative ones from some fellow horse women who hated the movie and said it showed too much abuse of horses and glorified the war and that the horse training scenes were silly. I've not seen it yet, but I'm pretty positive I'll love it and become immersed in the movie. And most definitely will shed a few tears because I'm a mush. lol!

I'm excited for you that you're going to ride into the New Year again like you did last year (and the year before, I think?).

Enjoy!

~Lisa

Nancy Taylor Rojo said...

Thanks for the nod Jane on my review...I look forward to your riding in the new year! Can't wait to hear about it. Nancy

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

I've been off the computer for a week so am catching up on my blogs.

Wishing you a Happy New Year! May it be wonderful!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Saw it, alone on Christmas day... cried most of the way through it....am going to see it again soon with friends this time. For those that don't know 8 million horses perished in that war..... I know I was crying for them.....Happy New Year Jane.. :0)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails