The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Monday, March 30, 2009

Words to live by


May I be at peace. May my heart remain open.
May I awaken to the Light of my own True Nature.
May I be healed, and May I be a source of healing for all beings.

May there be peace on earth.
May the hearts of all people be open to themselves and to each other.
May all people awaken to the Light of their own True Natures.
May all creation be blessed and a blessing to all that is.

-Buddhist prayer of unknown origin

Found this on an email I got today from the animal Reiki site. Beautiful words to live by, I think. Have a peaceful evening.
Namaste,
Jane

13 comments:

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Namaste Jane. The spirit in me honors the spirit in you.

Anonymous said...

Those ARE beautiful words to live by!! Julie

cowgirljlynn said...

Yes, they are beautiful words. I think I will copy them down.

Desert Rose said...

Beautiful saying, Love anything to ask for world peace!!!
hay Is pokey an APPY dinkey???

jane augenstein said...

Gail, thank you! :-)

Julie & cowgirljlynn, I am so glad I found that, I think I will print it out on pretty paper and frame it.

Desert Rose, Pokey is just a spotted donkey. His coloring is quite common, i have read. I think he is a special little guy though!!

Heart of a Cowgirl said...

Very nice first thing this morning!

allhorsestuff said...

Good day to you too! Thanks fop the wonderful wellwishing swntiments~

I love the slideshow...more great shots there! Awesome Jane!
Kac

jane augenstein said...

I think I may get to ride today!!! Oh, Joy!!
I thought you might like the slide show Kacy!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Nice ~ Miss Jane! I, too, will have to copy this and say it many times a day!!!
I enjoy seeing Gilly ~ he looks great ~ so strong!! What a gift you gave that fellow!!!
Have a good day ! Alice

artbyakiko said...

Thanks for sharing the beautiful thoughts!

Five O'Clock Somewhere said...

I'll be printing this out and posting over my desk. I'm sure we all could use a little more peace in our lives.

allhorsestuff said...

OH wow,
I just read your long comment on Lisa dears blog.
You have been there and back jane..I think you are my hero!
Kacy

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Awww, this is a beautiful prayer. I love it.

~Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails