The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Saturday, January 2, 2010

More Horse books!

My husbands secretary got me these two horse books for Christmas! I am just now starting to read the first one, Horse as Teacher. This book goes along with the DVD "The Path of the Horse" that I had gotten and watched earlier. Ten stories by ten women writers; this is from the back of the book.
"The stories in this collection will move you to tears, make you laugh, remind you of your first brush with love (in the form of a horse), and most important, connect you with your soul; because that's what horses can do when you are willing to embrace what they so naturally and beautifully reveal to you.
The authors come from a variety of horse backgrounds, but there is a common thread - they all see the simple truth that these magnificent animals, through their presence and grace, can raise our consciousness, peel back the layers to uncover our true selves, and show us how to shine with brilliance."

Encyclopedia of Horses - this book has breeds I have never heard of before, loads of gorgeous pictures, tons of information about horses. I have flipped through it but not gotten to read it yet...
From the back of the book cover:
"The ultimate reference guide to the world of horses. Highly illustrated throughout with photographs and graphics, complementing incisive and informative text.
A comprehensive overview of the history and nature of the horse, and an accessible guide to all aspects of horse care.
In-depth coverage of all the main horse breeds, including information on origins, appearance, and uses.
Icons provide an at-a-glance overview of size, environment, blood type,a nd uses for each breed, and show the most common color variations.
The essential guide for horse-lovers and horse-owners."

I am H-A-P-P-Y!!!!!!! The more horse related things the better!
It's cold here and I can't ride so the next best thing, I guess is reading about horses. Me and the dogs are all snuggled on the couch, Mike is watching his Christmas present, PBS dvd's (11 of them) "The World at War"....documentary of WWII.....he is interested in military stuff...I am the horse person. :-)

One more thing...Katharine is having a book give away on her blog, she asking all entrants to write me an email about a horse that has touched your life in some way, doesn't have to be one you owned just a horse in your life. Sounds interesting, click on her name to go there to find out all the details!

later.....




3 comments:

cowgirljlynn said...

I have the second book that you have shown. I have just thumbed threw it, maybe I will get more motivated and read it!! Happy New Year!!

Paint Girl said...

Sounds like a couple great books there!! I love to read, and will read just about anything. I received a couple horse books for Christmas too. I have already read one.
Have fun with them!!

Jennifer MacNeill said...

The first book sounds neat - I'll have to check it out!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails