The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Thursday, January 21, 2010

summer photos of Gilly

I got these pictures in the mail today, what a nice surprise! These were taken in July about a week and a half after the "Blue Heron Incident" (when I got thrown off when it scared Gilly). Anna and Derek Hendershot came by when I was riding Gilly. Anna had gotten a new little digital camera and was trying it out. So she snapped some pictures of me and Gil. Love the one above of him standing really nice.

He has his eyes shut here and was being a bugger and not wanting to stand still. Guess he wanted to keep moving.

Now he is all spraddle legged and mouth open, lovely Gilly! He has his front feet at the edge of the road and his hind feet down in a small ditch so we are a little lopsided.
I rode on up the road for about 10 more minutes then headed home. As I got back to the driveway another Blue Heron flew up in Gilly's face! This was the day that he did so well and didn't spook; scared me I can tell you! We walked on like nothing happened, I was so glad of that.
I am looking forward to summer weather again! Right now it's raining outside, ugh! That means mud, mud and more mud!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great photos - nice to see the two of you together!

jane augenstein said...

Thanks Kate! I normally don't like pictures of me but sometimes I will post.....Gilly is prettier! LOL

Dusty Devoe said...

Great pictures! I am anxious for nice weather too!

Thistlebrooms said...

You can watch 'EMMA' on the Masterpiece website the next day (Monday)...
I watched Mansfield Park tonight on Youtube!!!
Don't forget Jane...
~Marilyn

Unknown said...

Great photo's. I have yet to have a heron fly up close enough to have one of the horses react but I imagine Indigo's reaction would be OMGRUNAWWWAAAYYYY!

Katharine Swan said...

Don't be so hard on yourself, Jane! The two of you suit each other. You look nice on his back!

Leah Fry said...

Jane, we're women of a certain age. Sometimes it ain't pretty. But we have more fun than anybody, don't we?

Love that first pic.

Julie said...

Enjoyed my visit to your blog!

Julie
www.ridingaside.blogspot.com

jacksonsgrrl said...

Gosh you guys look good together! Gilly is one beautiful guy!
:)

jane augenstein said...

Dusty Devoe, today it's suppose to be in the low 50's, really making me want spring to be here soon!

Marilyn, thanks, I will mark that down.

Sydney, having a Blue Heron fly up is quite the experience! We also have a lot of deer that pop out of no where to scare the daylights out of the horses too!

Katharine, thanks. I'm glad he is a big boy.

Leah, oh, I like that, "women of a certain age" LOL Yes, we do have fun!!

Julie, HI and thanks for stopping by!

Jacksonsgrrl, thanks, twice!!! :-)

Jacque. said...

oh, that Gilly-boy. Such a hunk! You look great together!

Girl Tornado said...

Yes, I do hate this time of year... the season of mud. Blech.

Those are wonderful shots of you and Gilly... like me, you probably rarely have shots of the two of you, because you are always the one with the camera! He's such a beautiful horse, and a big one too!

Hope you're having a nice weekend. :)

cowgirljlynn said...

I think Gilly is a very handsome boy!!

Anonymous said...

the first one is my favorite. Good to see green instead of white here in Colorado! Julie

Laughing Orca Ranch said...

Those are great pics of you and Gilly. I even like the spraddle leg one. He looks rather cute, like a colt or a baby deer. hehe!

Yes, I'm missing summer now, too. We're getting hit by another snow storm here. We've already got a foot on the ground and it's still falling!

We've had now on the ground for over 2 weeks. I don't remember what earth and grass even look like now. lol!


~Lisa

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails