The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Monday, August 11, 2008

A Ride on the Rhino..............

My neighbor Kim and I went for a ride on her Rhino the other day. We went all over the place, mostly on the back country roads and over trails that only things like this or a horse could travel. After coming into Whipple, the small town, we crossed the old rail road bridge. As you can see the road way has been eaten out by time and other 4 wheeled vehicles and has a very steep drop off, you can also see that I'm NOT in the passenger seat anymore!

Yep, you guessed it, I'm a BIG chicken when it comes to things like this! I told Kim that I would, walk, slip, slide however, down the hill and wait at the bottom for her to pick me up!!
It doesn't look so steep from the bottom but, boy, at the top looking down.........well, that's another story. Kim drove down that hill just fine..........hum, well, maybe, just maybe next time I will be a little braver!
This is a barn with a big porch on it we passed on the ride. Tried to get a better shot of it; guess someone was going to make it into a home but never finished it.
interesting old barn along the way.............playing with the colorization on both of these pix.

1 comment:

Jacque. said...

Ya big chicken!!!! haha...actually, I would have been walking down right beside you! whew...that looked scarey. GREAT photos!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails