The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Friday, October 31, 2008

Long Horns.........

Before we saw the old horses, see post below, Kim and I saw these lovely creatures along the road way. Long horn cattle, look at the markings on these beauties!
This is a close up of one heifer, what an odd colored nose this one has.
Big Red here had to make some noise at us............
Then it was, "Who made all that noise, not ME!!! Duh???" How funny. Cows are odd creatures, very flighty, way more so than horses, I think.
This speckled one had to stop and give us a look too. All the horns on these cows seemed to have black tips; hum, are all long horns horns tipped in black? Interesting.
These are only a few of the herd that came to see us; Kim says there are many more and a bull also. I think she told me he was red and white speckled. I will have to try and get a photo of him next time we are out that way.
Rollin', rollin', rollin'.........keep those doggies rollin'.........rawhide......... hahaha
the thyme song from the old show "Rawhide" with Clint Eastwood keeps running through my mind as I write this! Too funny!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails