The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Monday, February 2, 2009

Another Award!

Thank you so much Gail for the art award! I'm thrilled you gave me this award for my drawings of long ago; and/or my photography.

Now I have to list seven things that I love, then pass the award on. Here they are the seven in no particular order.

1. I Love my Husband, of 36 years! :-) My family and friends, and my loved ones that have passed.

2. I LOVE my horse Gilly! He is a stinker sometimes but what a boy he has turned out to be! From a skinny little ugly duckling to a BIG beautiful swan!

3. I Love my special Music......the hauntingly sad melody's of Celtic, the music of the Civil War period, cowboy songs and songs about horses.

4. Love being Outdoors! I would rather be outside doing something (even cleaning the barn) than inside the house!

5. Oh, my furry babies I Love all of them and the ones that are waiting for me at the Rainbow Bridge........thanks for all the wonderful memories that you have left me with!

6. I Love reading horse books and collecting them....I have lots and lots!

7. CHOCOLATE....now really, who doesn't love chocolate? Fresh vegetables from my garden, grown in the good earth, and the smell of the fresh turned earth in spring.

Now I am to present the award to 7 of my favorite art blogs. Hard to choose, there are so many wonderful ones out there! Some have already been given the award and I am picking them again because I like them a lot! Won't it be an honor to receive it more than once? :-)

Gypsy Mare Studios

Art From Scotland

Equestrian Artist Jennifer Pratt

Island Pony Art Studio

Art by Akiko

Free Rein Art and Design

Gina M Hall Studios

10 comments:

Sarah Sullivan said...

Congratulations!!! Your blog is beautiful!!! I adore the pic of Lucy!!! Look at that smile!! Love you 7 too!!!

Alice ~ Folk Art Primitives said...

Jane ! I love your music, too!! And congratulations on your Art Award!!

Anonymous said...

thank you for the award. I've been blogging for almost a year now. Somedays i've felt i'm writing and no one is out there reading, LOL..it's nice to know there is..kinda warm and fuzzy nice.

thanks so much,

JennP

Jessica Burkhart said...

Yay on the award! :)

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

Your photography leaves me breathless! Love your 7 also, so much in common!

Angie @ thejunkranch said...

Congrats on your award and thanks for choosing me! I adore your hooked rugs and enjoyed so much seeing your old photos. I am inspired to dig around for mine.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your well deserved award and thank you for mine. It was quite a surprise having only just started blogging but quite an honour.

artbyakiko said...

Jane, thanks for the award! I'm so honored. By the way, I've fallen in love with your fur babies. They are all so cute!!!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Congratulations on your latest award !!! You know I love your blog, so enough said. I love your art blog picks too and will have to be adding the ones I hadn't seen to my favorites.

jane augenstein said...

Thank you all for the kind comments!
Jenn, your colored pencil drawings are stunning, I hope more people find your blog to see your wonderful work!
Gail, Angie, Elizabeth and Akiko your art works are so beautiful I am so glad I have found your blogs! You all are on my favorites so others can enjoy your art also! Keep up the good work! :-)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails