The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Thursday, November 4, 2010

Gilly's jumping video

 

Here is a short video clip of Gilly and I jumping. This was our second time over the jumps. I have no idea if I am doing this right or not...LOL...but hope with more practice I will get better. I look like I am bouncing all over the place but remember Gilly has a BIG LOFTY trot. So here you go, any helpful tips would be appreciated!
When I jumped before I was always bareback and much younger, I wouldn't attempt jumping bareback on at all, at least not on Gilly.
Jane

2 comments:

allhorsestuff said...

Oh Jane!
That was the cutest "woo hoo!" at the end!
Cool woman!

I would try setting up 3 trotting polls- ahead of the jump and get him to focus on rythem and for you...lots of "Two Point"... you will strengthen your legs and balance . With the Polls, you will be doing two piont and as he goes over the small jump. That way you will be in the right balance and I also would remember to have a direct line from your hands to mouth(pointer finger always point straight to the bit, as that is where the pressure will be)..maybe try resting them(with light contact) on his crest. That way you will not hit him as he comes down from over the jump.

Proud of ya! Awesome!
I can't wait till my mare is deemed healthy enough for that agian!
That was FUN Jane!
XO
Kac

jane augenstein said...

Kacy, thanks and thanks for the tips on jumping. I was hanging onto mane for awhile but it got better; still using the bitless so I won't hurt his mouth.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails