The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Snow Globe

This is what the looked like yesterday morning as the sun was coming up. It had snowed the night before. I had been to a friends house in the evening and it was a white out at times driving back home.
I went out to feed the boys yesterday morning and the sun was shining. A few hours later the snow started falling then another white out. The boys were playing and having a good time. I got a few pictures but missed some good ones.

Gilly had just come flying off the hill, jumped the ravine and I caught this picture of him.
Pokey and Gilly coming to the barn, the snow was beautiful but I am getting tired of the white stuff.
Pokey is saying let's play Gilly as he bits him on the neck. Sometimes I could hardly see them from the house the snow was so thick!
Finally got Gilly's attention so he would look at me as I took his picture. Snowy horse, it was so cold but yet he and Pokey decided to stay out and play in the snow, while I hid in the house and......turned up the heat!!!

Then in a short time the snow had quit and the boys decided to take a nap....on their hay! They did eat it eventually but a nap was in order first.

After the snow stopped I decided to drive out of the hollow and see all the snow. Ok, I didn't decided my husband called me and said get the camera and drive around and look at this snow!!!  Glad I did....

This is an old barn that is close to home and I really liked the way it looked against the white snow. Gilly and I ride past this one a lot. I always wonder what, if anything is still in the old barn.


Tall pines along a road that I drive on a lot but with the snow hanging on the branches it looked enchanted.

This picture was taken just around the bend from the last one. Note the small out building hidden among the pines.


Love the dark pines in this one but the sky was what really grabbed me. Cold out but a really good day for pictures.

Thought this tree was really pretty silhouetted against the cloudy sky, with snow stuck on the branches.

I used my Canon Power Shot SD780, would have loved to use my Canon Rebel but trying to drive a car and take pictures with a big camera that you have to look through the view finder, not a good idea! Yes, I was driving but I held up the little camera and just clicked pictures as I drove, not looking until I came home and loaded the images on the computer. Not too bad, huh?

Still no riding, too cold for me....soon, soon I hope!
Jane

10 comments:

Jeni said...

Beautiful Jane !!! But I would of made husband drive while you took the pictures!

jane augenstein said...

Jeni, thanks, but he was on his way to work when he called and told me about taking pictures. So I have to drive myself!
He has driven me around other times to take pictures though.

Anonymous said...

Really great pictures! Love the ones of the sky and trees, and of course the horses in the snow, particularly the nappers.

jacksonsgrrl said...

WOW! See. I CAN live in Florida AND enjoy the snow. Just beautiful. You got some wonderful shots, reminds me of my childhood on our farm!
~Mindy

Gail H. Ragsdale said...

So beautiful Jane!!!

Desert Rose said...

breath taking photos...but soory about the cold around the country!!!

allhorsestuff said...

Loved Mindy's responce about enjoying the snow...from Florida!
GORGEOUS driving shots gal!

I love it when horses(and Pokey's) sleep in the hay!

Thistlebrooms said...

These have to be some of the most amazing photo's Jane!!!
I guess Gilly really wanted to get home...
Love the pic of Gilly & Pokey laying down for their nap too...

As Always
~Marilyn

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Wonderful images !!!!

Jennifer said...

Absolutely LOVE these snow photos Mom - great job!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails