The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Saturday, November 8, 2008

More lessons and a ride in the woods

Run, run, run!!! When I take Gilly and Pokey to Kim's there is always an hour or so of play time! They are all so happy to see each other and have a grand time running from one end of the field to the other.
Gilly is really trotting out here, he is normally in the lead or at least thinks he is; sometimes the other two turn and go the other way. Pokey had to come back to the spot he is in now and have a roll in the dry dirt. That little guy LOVES to roll in dirt!
After a wild run through the field they had to stop and have a grooming session. I'll tell you looking at those teeth and hearing them snapping I am glad that's not my skin he is working out on!!! Ouch! They stood for 20 minutes chewing on each other. What did Pokey do, he just stood back and watched, then went off in search of another dusty spot to roll in.
"Oh, here we go again, they want me to get back inside that big white box! I don't know about that, maybe I'll only go in part way this time"
One foot in............
Oh, mom has a treat maybe if I stretch my neck out realllllly far.............

Lacy's turn! She didn't want to go in either and had several fits and smacked her head above the door....Ouch!!! Gave herself a pretty good goose egg on her forehead. This is not going as smoothly as we had hoped. So far Gilly is the only one that got all four feet in the trailer.
After the lessons Kim and I decided to go for a ride in the woods. A beautiful day to ride too. This is an old road up on the ridge about our houses; nothing goes up here but ATV's and horses.....Gilly and Lacy that is. Gonzo and Lucy are behind me and Gilly. I sure do hope we have several more days like this, no flies to bug us and 70 degrees............beautiful!!!!

3 comments:

Jacque. said...

Jane, I just love coming here and seeing your photos! You're doing great with Gilly and the trailer. Love the trail ride photos, too!!!

Mary said...

Awww. Is that a Pokey eye? Jane, your love for Gilly and Pokey is so evident. Playing and walking with my Bostons is a joy, but riding and watching horses enjoy the brisk autumn air must be so exhilarating. Life in rural Ohio is the best, I think.

Lucky YOU!

Mary

jane augenstein said...

Jacque, thanks!

Mary, no that is Gilly's beautiful eye; Pokey has blue eyes! I love your dogs, what wonderful expressions they have. I agree, riding on horse back through the woods is heaven!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails