The adventures of Gilly the rescue horse and his side kick and partner in crime, Pokey the donkey.

~~~


Being with a horse is a journey that never ends. What they have to teach us is amazing; but we must quiet our mind to hear them. ~ jca

*****


Sunday, November 16, 2008

More pictures of my brother............

This is my brother and sister probably in 1937 at our grandparents farm. Love the little bib overalls my brother has on; look far into the background and look at the old truck my grandpa had then.
I LOVE this picture!!! (my sister doesn't like it though, says it looks like the family was poor....... well, we were and so what?) My dad is standing by my brother, my sister is next and the other girl is a neighbor. I don't know who she is though, I wasn't around yet, this was in 1940's? Not sure about the date, I also love the old car, know nothing about it either. But look at the windshield........it's popped out at the bottom.
This is my brother in a shooting squad, in Florida I believe in 2005. He was a trap shooter and a pretty good one too. Yes, my brother is tall, 6"5". The man to the far right is my brother's best friend; the traveled all over going to shooting matches.



I took this picture in September of 2006 at Marietta Gun Club, my brother was a member there for several years. He had a break in shooting and we had gotten some lunch at the club house.I love this picture, shotgun broken down over his shoulder checking a box of shells before reloading for another round.
A kind and gentle man who is missed by his family and friends.

2 comments:

Jacque. said...

Oh, Jane...what lovely photos! Thank you for sharing them...as well as your thoughts!

Blackfeatherfarm said...

Gone, but not forgotten. What a lovely tribute. You never stop missing a loved brother or sister, when they have gone. I lost a sister to liver cancer a few years ago, so I do know how you feel. I think it is clear how much he was loved, and how much he lives on in your heart.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails